Hey guys. To continue this whole lineage of “10 wardrobe must haves” and “10 accessory must have” and stuff with a makeup post with the same idea. This is basically a list of the most basic elements needed in a makeup kit for any sort of everyday look. I’m basically making this post for those of us who haven’t used makeup before or are just starting a collection and hopefully this list will help you out. Not every element is “necessary” but these are the basic ones. The ones with (*) next to it are completely optional but are nice to have.
When starting off a makeup kit, you might want to go for some more drugstore ones if you just want to try it out yourself but if you’re willing to go and spend some money and hit a good pot the first time round, maybe go to a makeup counter and get the MUA to help you. Personally, I recommend researching the products before getting them. I know how daunting that is but that’s okay. Maybe separate them into chunks to make it less scary.
I know the first time I started my makeup collection was when I got into a performance group that require us to have a whole set of makeup that I needed so I honestly went into the makeup store and bought stuff blindly and to be honest, I was so overwhelmed and so… ignorant of makeup then that whatever the MUA said I was like “yeah okay” but now I realised I probably should have done some research.
Hopefully this will break down the makeup counter for you. And remember, blogs and youtube are you best friend in these situations
- Primer (*): this is to keep the makeup on your face. this is more necessary with those of us with rather oily skin (like me) or the makeup might slide right of your face.
- Foundation: This is for evening out your skin tone and prepare if for whatever goes on top. This is so essential for face makeup however if you have rather flawless skin and you don’t want to go straight for the foundation, try tinted moisturizer.
- Concealer: this is for covering up blemishes, discoloration and under eye circles. This usually should be well matched to your skin tone.
- Setting Powder (*): to set your foundation and concealer afterwards.
- Blush and bronzer: Blush is to add color back to your face and bronzer is what I use to give my face shape (contour) and definition.
- Translucent Powder (*): powder to help set your makeup throughout the day.
- Eyeshadow base (*): again to keep makeup on your eyes and may not be 100% necessary for those of us starting off who don’t have oily skin.
- Basic neutral eye palette: so crucial to any eye look and so easy
- Black eyeliner: to define the eye
- Black mascara: to define the lashes
- Eye lash curler (*): to give your eyes and lashes a lift. this is essential to me but not everyone
- Eyebrow pencil: to define your eyebrows to frame your face (I’m so naughty with this one)
- Lip balm: moisturize the lips
- Lip gloss (*): enough said?
- Lip stick (*): I recommend a neutral pink to nude color to begin with.
That is all for this post. Tell me what your essentials are down below
Like Comment Follow
I hope you liked this post and that it helped. See you tomorrow
Find Passion Think Chic