Hey guys. I know that I’ve been extremely MIA but I’ve also been extremely busy. I had a show last week and then I had to spend the weekend catching up lost work. But I’m back now and I’m going to be back on track from now on, NO interruptions. 😛
So today, I’ll be doing for you a post on products that I’ve finished and I’m definitely going to repurchase and products that I’ve thought were going to be amazing but have turned out to be not so lovely for reasons that I will describe for you guys. These products will be a range of beauty and makeup items and I hope you enjoy.
Do keep in mind that we’re all different, what works for you may not work for me and what I just didn’t like, you may have liked, and that’s okay. Actually, if there any of those products that I’ve used and loved that you didn’t like at all, or vice versa, PLEASE tell me in the comments below because I’d be very interested to know.
Empties: Products that I’m eager to repurchase.
I have an issue where I LOVE a product and somehow I just don’t go back to repurchase it (because I’m lazy and not very product-loyal because I love to try around) but there are some that I just go back to/know I will go back to.
- LUSH’s American Cream: this is honestly an amazing conditioner that works just so so well on my hair. I’ve finished my 100g bottle but I’m so keen to go in and buy more. Maybe the Lush-keepers have started to realised exactly how often I go there!
- Another LUSH product, Rehab, is something that I must repurchase. A shampoo that lathers well without the use of sulphates and parabens etc. That’s just amazing. I adore the fact that Lush is natural because I feel the amount of chemicals in those other things are just not good for your hair.
- Now onto skincare, I’ve had this for not that long at all but it has immediately become my all time favorite face wash: Origin’s Checks and Balances. I love it so much that I’m already into the last 1/4 of the bottle. I will most definitely be repurchasing. The way it acts on my face without leaving its feeling taunt is just amazing AND you get a thorough clean, necessary for my face!
- Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Solutions! This toner is so good. No matter how well I clean my face, you still can’t get as deep as this toner does. Honestly an amazing product. Nothing else I can say, honestly!
- Lip balm wise I have 3 favorites: Burt’s Bees Lip Balm with Mango and Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit (that I had to hunt down! (well, an amazing person hunted it down for me)) and the LUSH Honey Trap. I’m a Lip Balm FANATIC. I’m not kidding. I adore my lip balms. And these are amazing. Mainly because of their natural ingredients again. I remember my chemistry teacher saying that we shouldn’t use vaseline based lip balms because the molecules are too big, I don’t really know what that means but I trust her. Go beeswax based lipbalms! Will be repurchasing if I ever run out/lose them.
- Makeup wise: MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study is something that is amazingly versatile. I use it as an all-over the lid base for any eyeshadows (sometimes I just wear it), I use it for a brown bone highlight, and I use it on my cheekbone as a highlight. I just love the formulation and some how it manages to stay on my lid all day!
- Another makeup one is the Napoleon Perdis Loose Dust in No 37. Now they’ve changed their loose dust powders completely which makes me very very sad and it means I can’t repurchase (GRRRRR) but thats almost okay because the Bare Study (above) is basically like a cream version, a lot cleaner!
REGRET! Products That Disappointed Me.
I generally don’t have that many products that I end up being sad with because I’m do quite a bit of research on everything I buy before I buy it: that is, I read reviews, I look at ingredient lists and tuff like that online and sometimes I ask around. But, here are some that I thought I would like but I just didn’t
- LUSH Lip Service is the first candidate I’m rather disappointed with. We all know how much I adore Lush and to have this product that I just disliked so much is really disappointing. It’s so difficult to get it out of the jar, it doesn’t applicate well, and it’s just inaffective. It’d be an amazing product if I could actually use it properly. This is the same issue with my LUSH It Started with a Kiss Lip tint. So strange how my Honey Trap and Latte apply perfectly but not this one 😦
- MAC Technakohl liner in Purple Dash: I’m not the biggest fan of the Technakohl liners at all. They’re impossible to use (in my opinion), they don’t give me a nice line (well at least this one doesn’t). Honestly, the color isn’t amazing at all either. It looks like I either have really bad bags under my eyes of someone’s punched me in the waterline. It’s just not good at all. So upsetting for how much I love MAC. And it’s rather expensive too.
- Vaseline Dry Skin Lotion and the likes: Some people swear by this. I just abhor it. It leaves a sticky residue and it just refuses to soak in. When it does, it doesn’t fix my dry skin. Unimpressed.
- MAC Blush in Fleur Power: I actually love the formulation of MAC blushes, they are one of the best but honestly, it’s just the color of this. It’s too pigmented (haha wow am I saying this)! It doesn’t allow me room to build so as soon as I try to put it on, I look like a doll that’s been slapped or something.
- Origins Dr Weil Mega-mushroom: it says that it’s best for redness and sensitivity, meaning that it’s hoping to fix that right. Well I used it for a month and noticed absolutely no change in my skin. It says that it’s best for comination-oily skin right. Well I used it and I’d always get more oil on my face than usual (not a nice feeling). On top of this, it has a scent that I just can’t deal with. A definite let down for me because I generally love origins products.
- LUSH Grease Lightning: a spot treatment that is okay but I expected it to be better. It’s actually pretty good but being use to Origin’s Super Spot Remover, this just doesn’t compare.
So that is it for my post. Tell me in the comments below what are products that you always repurchase and what are the ones you’re disappointed with. I’m curious to see your responses.
Thanks for waiting so patiently for this post and thanks for reading.
I WILL see you tomorrow.
Like Comment Follow.
Find Passion Think Chic
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE HONEST AND 100% MY OWN.